WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?
Let me know what you need help with and I’ll prepare a quote!
- Writing: My greatest strength is storytelling, a critical component to successful applications. Picking the right stories for each grant and telling them well is key.
- Grant Research: Don’t waste time applying for the wrong grants. I can help you identify the largest grants you’ll have a good chance of winning.
- Grant Toolkits: Do you start from scratch on every application? I can create a library of text and images you can tweak and re-use.
- Proofreading & Editing: Have you already written a grant application? I can make it clear, crisp, and on-point!
- Developing Your Look: I’ll help you select fonts and a color palette that work with your logo or design a new logo if you need one.
- Mission & Vision: Your mission statement defines who you are. Your vision statement defines what you want to be. These should guide every decision you make.
- Website Design: I’ll design your site to reflect your brand and have the fundraising tools you need.
- Social Media Plan: I’ll help you decide platform(s) to use, how often to post, and how to keep the content on-brand and consistent.
- Annual Reports: When a donor or grantor looks at your annual report, everything from the financial reports to the storytelling must be perfectly on-point.
- Web Content: Content on your website needs to be fresh, compelling, and on-brand.
- Press Releases: Each press release you send out is a free ad. I’ll build the target media list, write the releases, and send them out for you.
- Press Kits: I’ll make sure when reporters find your site, they’ll have everything they’ll need to create accurate, compelling news stories.
- Wrote and coordinated grants for Yellowstone Wildlife Sanctuary (YWS) that brought in over $500,000 in funding
- Designed websites for YWS, American Sanctuary Association (ASA) and others
- Wrote website content, including hundreds of pages of web content, including informational content, donation forms, press kits, FAQs, and much more
- Created annual reports for YWS, including textual content and graphic design
- Created branding for Festival of Nations, YWS, City of Red Lodge (through Red Lodge Convention & Visitors Bureau), This House of Books, and others
- Press Liaison for Festival of Nations, YWS, Red Lodge Chamber, and others
- Managed social media for numerous organizations
- Wrote newsletters and press releases for many clients
- Created standards for CEA that were adopted by the FCC
- Managed ad campaigns and designed ads for RL Proud & Beautiful, Festival of Nations, YWS, This House of Books, and others
- Weekly radio broadcasts and podcasts for YWS and others
- Created YouTube channels, including design, editing, and voiceover for several clients
- Collaborated with board & staff to create mission and vision statements
NONPROFIT CLIENTS & PARTNERS
This is a sampling of the nonprofits that I have worked with.
- Authored 29 books, which have sold a total of over 650,000 copies
- Moonbeam Award silver medalist in Animal-Related Non-Fiction Books
- High Plains Book Award finalist for Best Children’s Book
- California Teaching Credential #342745 in Computer and Related Technologies (now expired)
- Taught courses at three colleges, including Rocky Mountain College in Billings
- Guest lectured at U.C. Berkeley
- Developed training curricula for both nonprofits and corporations
- Three U.S. Patents related to closed captioning on broadcast television
(7360234, 8245252, and 8312485).
- Andrew Saks Engineering Award from TDI for “outstanding contributions to accessibility for deaf and hard-of-hearing people”
- Profiled in Forbes Magazine in for entrepreneurial and engineering accomplishments