OVER 650,000 COPIES SOLD!
Watch where you step! Sometimes the animals in our national parks are hard to find—but you can almost always find their poop! Come along with Michael, Emily, and their family as they find poop (scat) and footprints (tracks) and discover which animal made them!
The Who Pooped in the Park? series is an ideal tool for teaching young children about animal behavior, diet, and scats and tracks identification — it’s the perfect companion in the car or classroom, or in the field on your next trip to the park. Fun illustrations of the animals and their scat and tracks supplement the charming story, and a quick-reference chart at the back makes field identification a breeze.
Who Pooped in the Park? started out in Yellowstone National Park. The concept was so popular that other national parks began requesting their own editions. All of the editions feature 8-year-old Michael and his family touring different parks and learning about the animals through their poop and prints. The story is similar in all of them, but the animals and landscapes are all different.
Books in the Who Pooped? series
- Acadia National Park (2006) – ISBN 9781560373384
- Big Bend National Park (2006) – ISBN 9781560373889
- Black Hills (2007) – ISBN 9781560373872
- Cascade Mountains (2013) – ISBN 9781560373629
Moonbeam Award Winner • High Plains Award Finalist
- Central Park (2016) – ISBN 9781560376545
- Colorado Plateau (2008) – ISBN 9781560374305
- Death Valley National Park (2007) – ISBN 9781560374039
- Glacier National Park (2004) – ISBN 9781560372790
- Grand Canyon National Park (2005) – ISBN 9781560373193
- Grand Teton National Park (2004) – ISBN 9781560372806
- Northwoods (2008) – ISBN 9781560374343
- Olympic National Park (2006) – ISBN 9781560373377
- Red Rock Canyon Nat’l Conservation Area (2005) – ISBN 9781560373711
- Redwoods National and State Parks (2015) – ISBN 9781560376293
- Rocky Mountain National Park (2005) – ISBN 9781560373209
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (2006) – ISBN 9781560373278
- Shenandoah National Park (2006) – ISBN 9781560373391
- Sonoran Desert (2006) – ISBN 9781560373490
- Yellowstone National Park (2004) – ISBN 9781560372738
- Yosemite National Park (2005) – ISBN 9781560373186
A geographical look at the series
If you’re looking for a book set in your area, it may be easier to look at the series on a map instead of a list by park. This map shows which books are where, and there are more details in my blog post that looks at the Who Pooped? books state by state.
Moonbeam Children’s Book Award
Silver Medal 2014
High Plains Book Award Finalist
Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
PAL (Published and Listed) member
Member since 2005
I bought “Who Pooped in the Park.” Cute book. Thought it would be perfect for my 5 year old grandkids. But then started to read it and noticed the characters don’t look anything like my grandkids who are biracial. Can’t we have more books that more accurately represent our country?
I won’t be giving the book to my grandkids.
I haven’t read any other books by Mr. Robson so my apologize if my comment does not represent his broader writings.
My earlier “Who Pooped” books (there are 20 of them now) did indeed use a white family. Since then, however, I’ve introduced multiracial kids in “Who Pooped in the Cascades” (which won a Moonbeam Children’s Book Award) and “Who Pooped in Central Park.”